Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wow so this weekend was super busy! Cayden had a great Speech Therapy visit yesterday... We were able to keep the paci out and he paid very good attention to her.. He still didn't say anything and she shared with me that he is showing more and more signs of apraxia. We have decided to let him keep the paci for night time and nap time, and for the past few days he's been very good at giving it to me when he wakes up. sometimes it takes a few hours but most of the day he's paci free. We are looking into getting him a new Pediatrician that can help us with diagnosis and getting the right help for him that we can. It is so hard to look at your child and see his tantrums and watch him while he completely looses it until i figure out all he wanted was a cup of juice, or a snack, or even just to hold me. We are learning to read each other and that is helping but I am not always going to be right here. I do see how God is working though. I am way more patient with him than I ever thought I could be. I used to get so frustrated and irritated when i he (and even Angelina) when they would throw fits and cry forever, as any parent can understand constant crying can be trying... And every day that goes by in our new adventure of talking I can feel myself more relaxed and calm. I know that is is God and ONLY Him that keeps me sane during these trying days. I still struggle with finding ways to make Angelina feel more special. She has been acting out so much and throwing horrible tantrums lately but i know it is because Cayden is getting so much more attention right now. So i know i need to compensate for that, but i am only one person. I have no idea how to deal with her new attitude. I lean on my favorite verse Jeremiah 29:11 and I know and trust that it will all get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment